At the invitation of ANSI, SC 34 is in sunny Bellevue for five jam-packed days of Standards meetings (Sunday-Thursday). This is a full and busy event, with around 60 delegates registered from 14 countries (Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Korea, Norway, South Africa, UK, and the USA) and 4 liaison organisations (Ecma, OASIS, W3C and the XML Guild).
Maybe by the end of it a number of momentous questions will have been answered, including:
- Whether the world needs a standardised way to associate XML documents with schemas
- Whether OOXML Transitional should be evolved
- How ISO/IEC 26300 shall be maintained within SC 34
- How standard schemas should be licensed to users
- How MIME types should best be used for identifying document formats
Stay tuned ...